Saturday, February 3, 2007

Easy Potato Soup

I'm planning on putting much more on here, but for now here's my easy potato soup.

4 Potatoes
2 slices bacon
1/2 c. onion, diced
1/2 c celery, diced
Enough milk to cover the potatoes

Boil the potatoes for about 20 minutes or until fork tender.

While boiling potatoes, cut up the bacon into small pieces and fry in a pan. When the bacon is almost done, add onion and celery pieces to the pan and saute until softened.

Drain most of the water from your potatoes, and add cream or milk (I prefer whole milk) to the potatoes until covered by about an inch. Take a potato masher and mash the potatoes until they are in bite-sized pieces. Add the bacon, onion and celery and salt and pepper to taste. Heat on the stove until hot or ready to serve.

I like to add some cheddar cheese to mine or a bit of sour cream to change the taste a bit.

Serves my family of 3 with plenty of leftovers.

No comments: